Friday, 18 October 2013
Monday, 14 October 2013
Saturday, 12 October 2013
The 'Manchester New Muslim Network' have partnered up with the 'Myriad Foundation' to present the latest round of introductory courses for new & recently practising Muslims
'The Journey of Life | Establishing the Foundations'
The Journey of Life | Establishing the Foundations Series is a course that we have devised to help New & Newly practising Muslims understand and practise some of the core foundations of Islam.
The series has been split into two modules, with each module lasting 10 weeks with a mid term break in between.
The sessions run once a week for 2 hours, with a break included.
Module 1 covers some of the very foundations that a Muslim must familiarise themselves with. It deals with the doubts that one may come across regarding Allah, the Messenger of Allah, the Religion, and it then progresses through the 5 Pillars of Islam.
Attending the classes will give you the answers to the some of the questions that weigh heavily on your mind as a new Muslim such as:
- What is Islam?
- Why does it make sense to believe?
- Who is Muhammad (may peace and blessings be upon him)
- Why do we need revelation?
- What does the testimony of faith (Shahadah) really mean?·
- So why are we really here?
- What is my Creator expecting from me and how do I please Him?
- The 5 Pillars of Islam
- Why do Muslims face challenges?
- Satan – the declared enemy and his cunning traps
In Module 2, we start to look into the sources in Islam in a little more detail, exploring the role of the Prophet Muhammad (may peace & blessings be upon him) and his Sunnah, as well as the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad and their role in the religion. We then progress to an explanation of the 6 articles of faith.
Attending the classes will give insight into:
-Introduction to Hadeeth science.
- The role of the Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessings be upon him)
- A study of the 6 Articles of faith
- How to maintain and strengthen your faith
- What is expected from me in this life?
Course starts on Friday 1st November 2013.
Time: 19:30 - 21:30
Every Friday for 10 weeks.
Venue: Manchester English School. 149 Oxford Road. Manchester. M1 7EE
The course is FREE.
Course notes will be emailed to all of the attendees, therefore online registration is mandatory.
Find us on Facebook:
This course will be delivered in partnership with the 'Myriad Foundation'.
The Journey of Life | Establishing the Foundations is supported by:
- The Muslim Youth Foundation New Muslim Group
- Didsbury Mosque
- Cheadle Muslim Association
- Prophetic Guidance
- Affirming the Foundations
- Just Daw'ah
- The Oak Tree Initiative